They're all so satisfying.
You start your day at the crack of dawn to get your kiddos ready for school. If you're lucky, there are no tantrums or complaints, and they eat their breakfast. You head to a job you really care about, and work diligently, despite hearing the occasional passive-aggressive comment from a colleague about your flexible schedule. As soon as you get home, you're ready to head to bed, but you can't, because KIDS. Plus, there's cooking, homework and housework to tackle. You can't remember the last time you had a solid hour to yourself. And as for a good night's sleep, what's that again?
It's no surprise that on some days, you feel like you're being pushed to the brink. Yet you continue on. Because you're awesome. Because you have no choice but to provide for your family. Or because you choose to follow your dreams while raising your kids, or both.
We understand you, and we support you, which is why we've compiled the list below. If you're having a bad day, let these moments remind you of why you keep doing what you're doing, and why, despite the difficulty, being a working mom is totally worth it.
1. When your kid eagerly jumps out of your arms because he loves his preschool.
2. When you get to work and are super excited to NOT talk about potty training for eight straight hours.
3. When you get to binge on Netflix and room service in peace on a business trip.
4. When a recruiter finds your killer LinkedIn profile and contacts you about a dream job.
5. When another mom reaches out to you for career advice.
6. When you get that long-awaited raise/promotion.
7. When you get home after a long day at work, and your kiddo's face lights up.
8: The first time you impart a nifty parenting trick to a colleague and realize you may just have the hang of this gig after all.
9. When, you know, you realize your kids have a roof over their heads. That's a good thing.
10. When your Christmas bonus rolls in.
11. When your little one says she wants to be a your career when she grows up.
12. When you realize your independent kids have been doing their own laundry since they were 9. No helicoptering here!
13. When your kid's class is riveted by your presentation on career day.
14. When your kid's teacher finds out what you do for a living and seems genuinely impressed.
15. When you feel like a badass boss lady for scoring a big client or creating a fantastic presentation, even after you stayed up all night with a crying baby and barely had any sleep.
Motherhood is a lovely and rewarding job! The immense love for the very being that you are molding is the most exceptional and heartwarming job there is!
Written by Working Mother Staff for Working Mother and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com.